Kentucky Wesleyan At-a-Glance
- Location: We’re located in Owensboro, Kentucky – a city on the Ohio River. KWC is just 40 minutes east of Evansville, Indiana, 2 hours north of Nashville, Tennessee, 2 hours west of Louisville, Kentucky, and 4 hours east of St. Louis, Missouri. Daviess County is home to 94,000 residents.
- Academics: Kentucky Wesleyan College offers 29 majors and 13 pre-professional curriculums. Our student-to-faculty ratio is 12:1.
- Average Freshman Profile for Fall of 2015: ACT=22, SAT=980 (Critical Reading and Math), GPA=3.27. Over one-third rank in the top 25 percent of their high school graduating class.
- Faculty: More than 88 percent of our faculty have a Ph.D. or terminal degree.
- United Methodist Relationship: Kentucky Wesleyan College is approved by the University Senate of the General Board of Higher Education & Ministry as a United Methodist-related academic institution.
- Athletics: The Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers compete in NCAA Division II and are members of the Great Midwestern Athletic Conference. Intercollegiate men’s teams include baseball, basketball, cross country, track, and field, golf, football, and soccer. Women compete in basketball, cross country, track and field, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball.
Here’s our mission statement: Kentucky Wesleyan College, in partnership with the United Methodist Church, fosters a liberal arts education that nourishes and prepares students intellectually, spiritually and physically to achieve success in life.
So what does that mean? It means that for more than 150 years, we have served students in the liberal arts tradition, and for the next 150 years at Kentucky Wesleyan, students will learn to think critically, communicate effectively and live ethically in a complex, rapidly changing the world.
The success of every student is our top priority. Every course we offer and every experience on campus leads you to one goal – graduation.
As a new student, you will begin a personalized journey on the day you arrive on campus. We’ll help you create a unique roadmap for college success with academic, social and extracurricular goals.
Inside and outside the classroom, you’ll experience the encouragement of a close-knit community committed to your well-being and long-term success, and our vibrant, welcoming campus will offer you exciting social, service and leadership opportunities.
The Wesleyan Way
At Kentucky Wesleyan, we believe in an education that goes far beyond the textbook, the computer screen or the written exam. Leaders of the next generation are those who have been educated with a broad view of how relationships matter in the overall success of our world.
Consequently, we believe in “The Wesleyan Way” of learning and living. The Wesleyan Way is based on four principles we incorporate into every single thing that we do:
- We do everything with HONOR.
- We always SUPPORT EACH OTHER.
- We will COMPETE WITH INTEGRITY.
- We LOVE EACH OTHER in Christ.
Kentucky Wesleyan College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at http://www.SACSCOC.org for questions about the accreditation of Kentucky Wesleyan College.