MSc Project Management for Construction University of Portsmouth Online
Your ability to navigate BIM processes and assess projects from a holistic standpoint are skills that are increasingly valued by employers in the construction business.
Upon graduation, you can expect to manage projects for independent clients, as well as construction and consulting organisations.
With the skills and expertise you will obtain on this course, you can go on to a career as a:
- Project manager
- Design manager
- Construction manager
To join MSc in Project Management for Construction, you need:
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, or equivalent industrial and work experience in the construction industry or other related field.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
If you’re unsure whether you’re eligible to apply, please contact us.
- Next start date: November 2022
- Application deadline: TBC
- Duration: 2 years (part-time)
- Format: Online, with optional face-to-face events
- Total course fees: £10,500 (including a £250 acceptance fee)
What you’ll study
The MSc in Project Management for Construction course examines whole projects from initiation through to delivery. You will be challenged to examine real case studies so you’re ready to face any obstacles construction projects can encounter.
Here you will:
- Learn to consider construction project management as an integrated process, starting when clients make the initial decision to begin a construction project
- Develop a critical understanding of the economic, social and environmental issues that affect large construction projects, as well as the expertise to address them
- Gain experience with BIM processes and Revit software, and understand the information management behind it
- Examine the range of tools and techniques available for project management, including how to apply them and justify their use
- Become familiar with the laws surrounding construction, including construction contract law and other forms of liability
- BIM Theory and Practice
- Construction Law, Contracts & Dispute Resolution
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Tools and Techniques
- Strategic & General Management
Assessments for the MSc in Project Management for Construction are based on coursework submitted online. Your performance is assessed through coursework such as:
- Written assessments
- A dissertation
You’ll also receive feedback on formal and informal assessments to help you improve your work.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.