Introduction to Speech Therapy (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This free online course explores the fundamental knowledge required to manage speech and language disorders.
This course was designed to teach you how to manage stuttering and other speech and language disorders, build confidence and reduce anxiety in those with these impediments. We'll go over the functions and responsibilities of a speech and language therapist, including teaching clients and the general public about communication impairments. In addition, learned how to diagnose and treat a variety of diseases. Register today!
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Identify the various ways in which communication disorders affect victims
- Outline the requirements for becoming a speech-language therapist (SLT)
- Describe the phonation process in the human mouth
- Define speech perception in the context of speech science
- Explain the importance of phonetics in speech creation
- Analyse the causes of dysarthria and provide treatment options
- Summarise the steps involved in detecting speech impairments
- Describe the causes and treatments for stuttering