Fundamentals of Health and Safety in the Workplace (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This free online course, Fundamentals of Health and Safety, will teach you about your duties to your fellow workers and your employer's duties to you. You will study the Health and Safety at Work Act, and you will gain an understanding of study risk assessment in the working environment. This is essential knowledge for employees in any organization and will serve you well throughout your career.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Diploma is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Diploma: a downloadable Diploma in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma, posted to you with FREE shipping.
- Framed Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This free online Workplace Health and Safety training course will first cover the essential topic of risk assessment, where you will be shown how to identify workplace hazards and risk factors that have the potential to cause harm. You will then learn how to analyze and evaluate the risks associated with each type of hazard. Next, you will study the different types of fires and fire extinguishers such as water, foam, carbon dioxide, and wet chemical fire extinguishers.
Furthermore, you will learn about workplace health and safety issues involving the environment. The work environment refers to the surrounding conditions in which an employee operates. This may be composed of physical conditions such as office temperature, or equipment such as personal computers. You will also learn about electricity and other work-related factors such as manufacturing processes or procedures as well as health and safety issues involving chemicals and other important hazards.
Raising your awareness of the dangers that may be present in your workplace will keep you away from harm and injury. This online training course will be of real value to all workers wishing to learn more about the fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace, especially for those who are working in the training and employment department. Begin this online training program today and start learning how to keep yourself and your colleagues out of harm's way.
Fundamentals of Health and Safety in the Workplace
Learn more about the fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Define and identify risks and hazards.
- Describe the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Outline how to undertake a risk assessment.
- Explain the different types of fires and fire extinguishers.
- Identify health and safety issues involving electricity and computers.
- Examine health and safety issues involving the working environment.
- Describe health and safety issues involving chemicals and other hazards.
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Diploma!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Occupational Health And Safety Specialist
It is no secret that all occupational sectors fall prey to varying kinds and degrees of hazards. And it is a fact that systemic failure to implement effective policies and precautions can result in injuries and fatalities, leading to reduced productivity and increased costs. Occupational Health and Safety Specialists strive to provide a safe work environment with zero risks by integrating safety and health protection with accidents and illness.
Health And Safety Engineer
Machinery may be both a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art, but its operational risk in the workplace must always be minimised. Health and Safety Engineers play a crucial role in the engineering, manufacturing and construction sectors by applying their technical expertise to ensure safe and healthy working environments and outcomes for the public and workers. These engineers design products, machines, and processes that operate safely, avoiding the use of hazardous materials, and thereby serving the community and the ecosystem.