- Course Duration: 24 months part-time*
- Course Fees: $3,188 per subject. FEE-HELP is available.
- Course Study Periods: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Oct
- Course Subjects: 12
*Duration depends on Recognition of Prior Learning
Gain a data-driven global perspective for a real business edge
The interconnectedness of today’s economy means that all businesses need to think globally, even if they only act locally. This increasingly complex and interconnected global marketplace presents challenges and opportunities for all business leaders.
Whether it’s the US-China trade relationship impacting trade, a leadership model that’s proven to be successful for tech startups in India, a natural disaster that’s shut-down half a country, or a new program that creates more simple visualisations of your customer data - understanding the opportunities they present to your business context is essential. Knowing how to use data to support strategies to leverage these opportunities, and having strong leadership and management skills to lead through the uncertainty, is what will give you the real edge.
The JCU Online MBA Global gives you a data-driven approach to analyse these global shifts and identify which opportunities will deliver the greatest outcome for your business. You will also develop your leadership and management skills so you can continue to lead through uncertainty, adapt, and keep pace.
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Completion of an Honours degree or postgraduate studies in any discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Four (4) years’ business experience in a managerial role* to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above.
Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy.
* Applicants must have a minimum of four years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organisation. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management, supported by a detailed CV and proof of work experience (e.g. a letter from an employer detailing the position and job description).
Not sure if you meet these entry criteria? Our Enrolment Advisors can assist you.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The duration of your course is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your Master's degree. Call our Enrolment team to discuss your options.
What you will study
Over the course of 12 subjects, you’ll gain the skills to make impactful strategic decisions based on a more holistic view of global trends and more pointed data-informed insights.
You’ll be able to solve complex problems through advanced data analysis. You’ll also develop the knowledge to become a competent leader, who drives sustainable growth and creates positive outcomes for your organisation and the world around you.
Our subjects are designed to improve your knowledge across three key areas:
- Global Perspective & Strategy
- Data-driven Decision Making
- Organisational Leadership & Management.
Global Perspective & Strategy
- Multinational Corporations and International Markets
- Marketing Strategy, Analytics and Development
- Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Finance
Data-driven Decision Making
- Data Analysis and Decision Modelling
- Information Management and Analytics Technology
- Data Information: Management, Security, Privacy and Ethics
Organisational Leadership & Management
- Management and Leadership Skills
- Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship
- Business Innovation and Technology Management
- Business Consulting
Enjoy a global, capstone experience
To put your new skills to a real world test, as part of your Graduate Diploma or Master's degree, you can choose to participate in a week-long Integrated Global Capstone Project at JCU’s Singapore campus, Orpheus Island or the Daintree Rainforest near Cairns, Australia.
This final capstone subject will also be available in an online format for those who are unable to travel.
The Master of Business Administration Global includes what are referred to as ‘nested qualifications’. That is to say that the 12-subject Master's degree is made up of the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma qualifications.
Should you need to exit the course for some reason, depending on when you do so, you could earn either a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma qualification.
100% online and flexible
Our courses are delivered 100% online, on any device. Maintain work, family and other commitments without the hassle of a fixed timetable.
We offer six study periods across the calendar year. This means you can enrol in up to six subjects and complete your MBA Global in less time. This innovative online structure lets you focus on a single subject at a time and complete your Master's degree ahead of most other university programs.
The opportunity to connect with academics and fellow students – regardless of location – means you’ll build a professional network without having to leave your home or office.
Customised course delivery
At JCU, we’re proud to deliver online postgraduate courses tailored to the needs of part-time students. Led by a dedicated learning design team, all course materials are developed with the online student in mind.
Each subject is built within LearnJCU, an interactive online environment where you can actively engage with coursework, assessment and resources.
Dedicated support for your success
We strive to create an environment that enables you to succeed. By limiting class sizes to just 25 students, our tutors have enough time to provide you with their full attention and support.
In addition to the academic support provided by your subject coordinator and tutors, you will receive individualised support from a Student Success Advisor. Your Student Success Advisor can assist with non-academic advice, whether that’s finding the right resources or keeping you motivated throughout your course.
About the School
James Cook University is a world-leading university based in tropical Australia. For more than 50 years, we've been helping our students gain the skills they need to propel their careers and make a di ... Read More