Albany Law School is located in the capital of New York, which hosts one of the largest financial centers in the world. Our Financial Compliance and Risk Management program leverages this location to provide the highest quality of instruction that is designed to advance the career of working professionals. The cost of financial compliance for financial institutions is expected to double over the next five years. Our program is designed to equip financial services professionals with the tools to fill this growing need in the financial services sector.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Complete in a little over a year
- Introduction to Law and Legal Methods
- Remaining courses, select from below
Financial Compliance and Risk Management courses (each course is offered every year!)
- Technology & Financial Markets: FinTech & Big Data (3 credits)
- Market Structure & Investment Products, Vehicles (3 credits)
- Cybersecurity, Data Privacy, Technology & Financial Markets (3 credits)
- The Compliance Officer: Risk Management and Compliance Obligations (3 credits)
- Financial Crimes (3 credits)
- Securities Fraud, Financial Crimes, and Internal Investigations (3 credits)
- Introduction to Financial Institutions, Products, Professionals & Associated Regulatory Structure (1 credit)
- Introduction to Broker-Dealer Regulation (1 credit)
- Introduction to Investment Adviser Regulation (1 credit)
- Introduction to Bank Regulation (1 credit)
- Introduction to the Insurance Regulation (1 credit)
- Compliance in the Retail Customer Relationship (1 credit)
Sample of Elective courses
- Cybersecurity courses.
- Privacy Law courses.
- HIPPA Compliance (3 credits)
- Healthcare Compliance (3 credits)
- The Compliance Officer: Risk Management and Compliance Obligations
Our tuition is designed to be one of the most competitive among ABA-Law Schools.
- Master’s program tuition: $1350/credit ($40,500 total for 30-credit program)
- Master’s program scholarship: $360/credit ($10,800 total for 30-credit program)
- Master’s net cost: $990/credit ($29,700 total for 30-credit program)