Learn the essential strategic skills to streamline business functions and workflows, whilst designing and deploying effective IT architecture solutions. This MSc Enterprise Architecture Management programme is delivered by Arden University and will benefit practising IT professionals who are looking to direct their career towards strategic management.
Arden’s flexible study mode makes it is easier to develop your skills alongside your existing commitments and responsibilities. This programme will help you take your career to the next level whilst you bring your organisation closer to their logistical goals.
All of Arden’s programmes are delivered with a strong focus on employability and career success.
Information Systems and Business Strategy Alignment
- Develop a critical understanding of the design, application, and enhancement of IT systems, and support the attainment of other strategic goals. You’ll build a thorough understanding of strategic implications, and explore the complex processes and methods used to achieve business objectives.
Business Plan Development
- Understand how to approach strategic IT business planning, and navigate the complexities new IT products and services bring to a business. You’ll cover the building blocks of planning, including specifying, evaluating, and prioritising the development of IT solutions, and generate a business plan relevant to your own working context.
- Learn to approach system design in a structured way to ensure the complex technologies and requirements are implemented effectively. In this module, you’ll evaluate current systems and methods, as well as emerging trends in hardware, software, and systems use. You will then evaluate the architecture of your own organisation, and make recommendations for improvements.
Technology and Trend Monitoring
- Stay abreast of the rapidly changing technological environment in this strategic IT role. You’ll have the opportunity to evaluate emerging technologies and investigate the ways they are applied to current business practice. Using an analytical approach, you will evaluate the feasibility of implementing emerging IT trends into current business practices.
Business Change Management
- As the pace and scale of change grows, the need to embrace developing and innovative IT solutions is essential. You will assess the implications of new solutions, and how to manage the process of change effectively. This module will evaluate issues such as sustainability and business process continuity, illustrating their impact on change management, and audit their use in current practice.
Data Handling and Decision Making
- With access to more data than ever, those equipped to handle and interpret this data can add real value to the workplace. The focus of this module is learning how to both interpret data, and make key business decisions shaping the future of an organisation.
- This vital project gives you a chance to research an area of your choice, related to the programme theme, and develop your critical abilities. You’ll create a research proposal and choose between a conventional dissertation, or an academic article and presentation. Then you’ll apply all of your knowledge from the programme, with the opportunity to link your research to your actual work needs.
What Our Students Say
"Going back to full-time education became almost impossible as I had a family, mortgage, and all the other distractions of modern family life. Would I recommend Arden? Yes, I would. It has given me purpose, self-fulfilment, confidence and a potential to work in my chosen field."
To be eligible for this course you must normally have:
- A UK honours degree at a minimum of second class (2.2) or equivalent.
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (no less than 6.0 in any element).
What if I don’t have academic qualifications?
We positively encourage and consider applications from those with substantial management experience (typically 5 years) able to demonstrate their motivation to study the programme. We will ask for your CV and references in support of your application.
£9,500 (UK & EU), £9,550 (International)