Further your commitment to social change with an MS in Human and Social Services from Walden. Through a professionally focused online curriculum, interactive case studies and simulations, and an interprofessional approach, you can prepare to address the needs of individuals, communities, and organizations within a global context. Concepts and theories are brought to life through the use of animated case studies and a simulated community. You will investigate problems that are characteristic of human and social services support, accessing a number of organizations to understand possible strategies and solutions.
With a range of specializations to choose from, you can focus your studies on your interests and goals and develop the skills to excel in your field.
Specializations (in addition to the General Program)
- Community and Social Services
- Community Intervention and Leadership
- Conflict Management and Negotiation
- Criminal Justice
- Disaster, Crisis, and Intervention
- Family Studies and Interventions
- Global Social Services
- Human Services Nonprofit Administration
- Mental Health Facilitation
- Military Families and Culture
- Social Policy and Analysis and Planning
Note on Licensure
The MS in Human and Social Services program, including its specializations, is not designed to lead to professional licensure including licensure as a professional therapist, counselor, social worker, or psychologist.
Program taught in: