Online Psychology Degree
McKendree University offers an online psychology degree program for undergraduate students. The online psychology program is flexible for the busy adult. Students are able to apply knowledge from courses to personal and professional situations. An online bachelor of arts in psychology degree will allow you to make your mark professionally in helping others.
Why an Online Psychology Degree?
Psychology is the scientific study of behavior and mental processes. It develops theories and discovers laws to understand, explain, predict, and change behavior. Students in the online psychology program will develop the ability to express themselves in oral and written form and to think critically about human behavior, including causes, development, and outcomes. Also, students will gain a greater self-awareness, an understanding of others, and some fundamental skills relevant to behavior change.
Flexible Course Format
Courses are delivered entirely online using the course management system BlackBoard. All courses for the online psychology program are offered over an eight week period. Many students choose to take two courses during each eight-week session.
The online psychology degree prepares students to enter graduate school in psychology and other relevant areas:
- Industrial Organization
- Health Psychology
- Clinical social work
- Occupational Therapy
- Sport Psychology
- Criminal Justice
Online psychology majors go on to a variety of careers including:
- Mental Health Clinics
- Crisis Centers
- Substance Abuse Programs
- Social Work Agencies
- Eldercare Facilities
- Human Resources & Personnel Departments
- Criminal Justice Facilities
- Educational System
McKendree University requires a minimum of 120 credit hours for online degree completion. 40 hours must be at the 300 or 400 level and a minimum of 30 hours with McKendree. Students must fulfill the general education requirements.
- Abnormal Psychology
- Military Psychology
- Psychology of Human Sexuality
- Social Psychology
- Sport & Health Psychology
General Education Requirements
- Art or Music
- ENG 111 Composition I
- PSY/SOC/PSI - 6 hrs from 2 of 3 areas
- MTH 105 Intermediate Algebra
- HPE 158 Health and Wellness
- BIO 101 Introductory Biology with Lab
- CSI 120 Computing Concepts and Apps.
- ENG 112 Composition II
- HIS 262 US History Since 1865
- Philosophy or Religion
- MTH 310 Statistics
- SPC 310 Bus & Professional Presentations
- SCE 205 Earth and Astronomical Science
Evaluation of Transfer Credit
McKendree University gives careful consideration to your previous coursework and will transfer in as many credits as possible. Courses are individually evaluated to determine which are transferable and what requirements have been met. Transcripts will be evaluated by the Office of Academic Records and the Division Chair of the department.
Official evaluations are completed once you have been admitted to McKendree University. McKendree Online staff can provide you with an unofficial evaluation at your request. Please note the following:
- Only courses with a letter grade of 'C' or better may be accepted in transfer. Pass/fail courses will not be accepted.
- At least 120 credit hours are required for graduation, 30 of which must be from McKendree.
- You may receive a maximum of 90 credit hours in transfer from a regionally accredited institution.
- Proficiencies earned at other institutions are not accepted.
Send transcripts to:
701 College Road
Lebanon, IL 62254
Program taught in: