- To widen access to education in creative arts at the undergraduate level through Open and Flexible Learning.
- Ensure students gain the technical skills in each of the disciplines chosen to form a solid foundation for further development.
- To provide an intellectually stimulating interdisciplinary programme of study based on high-quality study material and tutor support.
- To develop students’ creative capacities and their ability in interpretation and application.
- To develop students’ critical understanding of the theoretical and conceptual issues central to the creative arts practice and the social, historical and cultural context in which it is practised.
- To provide an environment in which the student has the possibility of changing their view of the world and their interaction with it both artistically and intellectually.
- To foster high-level ethical and professional standards and an awareness of the possibilities offered by existing and new developments in areas of the creative arts to expand their application areas.
- To develop autonomous learners capable of applying intellectual and practical skills in a chosen area of contemporary creative arts activity appropriate to employment, further study, or life-long learning.
The OCA BA (Hons) Creative Arts degree gives you an exciting opportunity if you have a passion for more than one creative arts practice. This Open degree programme allows you to choose from the full range of distance learning courses available through the OCA, combining the study of art, creative writing, art history, printmaking, sculpture, music, graphic design, illustration, book design, and photography. You may combine the media which interest you most, studying poetry and music for example, or art alongside creative writing, or illustration together with photography.
The Creative Arts Open Degree provides a unique opportunity for OCA students to fulfil their creative potential by studying two disciplines in depth to degree level. The development of a new level six programme for this degree gives a real opportunity to grow in its ability to merge two separate disciplines and create one final body of work, contextualise this work and develop an understanding of a professional practice.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 24, 2018